Our valuable Vocational, Community and Educational Partners represent people and resources that are here to help you move forward in your life. When contacting them, be sure to let them know you’re a Graduate of The Jobs Partnership’s LifeWorks Training Program.
Job Placement Services
3911 E. Colonial Dr, Orlando 32803
- Provides services and resources that help people find jobs
- Staff on site to help with resume development, interviewing and job search training
- Computer training with free computer lab and phones to contact employers
- PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS
- Enroll in Employ Florida Marketplace (EFM)
- Career Service Consultants will help you with your job search, job listings, and direct job placement services
- Child Care Assistance is available if you qualify based on household income
- Learn about training opportunities and scholarships
- All locations have PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS
- One-on-one assistance with an Employment Specialist until you find a job!
- Referral services for child care, after school care, housing assistance, and computer training, to name a few.
- Many sites also offer PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS.
- Enroll in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSSP) for help with job placement, bus passes, childcare, training, and/or other forms of assistance to find employment.
- You must qualify based on need and household income. Support services may vary based on resource availability.
- Network of 7 Community Action Centers that have computer labs that you can use
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) For info about help paying utility bills call 407-836-7429
- Early childhood education & childcare for 3-4 year olds
- Must be a resident of Orange County; 19 locations
- Nutritional meals, medical/dental services, and more.
BUDGET AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Budget preparation and savings plans
- Debt management
- Foreclosure counseling
- Advocates for fair and just housing policies; by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions.
- Rental housing
- You must be employed to apply for support.
- Provider of affordable housing to homeless adults. No children or youth.
- Non-emergency medical care for the uninsured
- Basic/acute services such as upper respiratory infections, skin disorders, gynecological concerns, & urinary tract infections.
- Grace Medical Home is a non-profit medical home serving the working, uninsured residents of Orange County who reside at or below 200% of the federal poverty line. Grace Medical Home provides comprehensive, primary, adult and pediatric care for our patients. To qualify to become a Grace patient? Are you…
- Currently living in Orange County, Florida?
- Earning at or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Line? (See Federal Poverty Chart on the Patient Information link at www.gracemedicalhome.org.)
- Currently employed, OR have been employed within the last six months, OR a full-time student, OR a single parent of a child under the age of 6? Uninsured and not enrolled in government assisted healthcare programs (such as Medicaid, Share of Cost, Medicare or VA Benefits)? If you answered ‘ YES’ to each of the above criteria, it is highly likely that you could be a patient at Grace Medical Home.
- If you are interested in becoming a patient or for more I information please call 407-936-2785, ext. 2064 and speak with our registration department OR apply online at the Patient Information link at www.gracemedicalhome.org
- Nine locations in central Florida – check website
- Family & Dental Care Payment is on sliding scale. Proof of income, photo ID and proof of residency is required.
Professional Dressing Services
901 W. Webster Avenue #43 Winter Park, FL 32792
- Women are seen by appointment only
- Interview and work clothing provided
- Services are free
- Soft skills training, resume assistance
- Job retention, leadership, career advancement programs
Family, Childcare and Youth Services
Scholarships available – be sure to ask!
Health classes and screenings; great environment for children.
Parenting classes with child care and other incentives, plus additional job training.
JP Students can call Ms. Debra Koronka – (407) 522-2252, ext. 4192 for more information
- After-school tutoring
- Programs for youth in character & leadership development; sports and recreation
Presented by Wells Fargo, this is a great online resource for money management skills.
- Get help with opening and using a bank account
- Establishing or repairing credit
- Managing debt
- Preparing and using a Spending Plan
This program assists parents in overcoming roadblocks related to compliance with child support obligations, such as the restoration of driver’s license.
- Cost Share Grocery assistance/Emergency Food Box
- Health Clinic and Crisis Care
PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS
- Voluntary Income Tax Assistance
- Online assistance at www.myfreetaxes.com
- 2-1-1, United Way’s free, 24-hour information and referral helpline. Staffed 24-hours per day by trained, multilingual operators.
- 5 locations; 50 career training programs that lead to certification
- Programs designed to emulate real world situations
- $2.80 per credit hour. Tuition assistance may be available.
- GED Prep and ESOL classes
- Update your skills and grow personally & professionally
- Prepare for a new position or career.
- Short-term training that leads to certification and full-time employment
- Tuition assistance may be available
- Will need Orange County Library Card
- Computer Training Classes-extensive selection – online and self-paced – EXCELLENT RESOURCE
- GED Prep, ESOL, Math & Grammar Tutoring – regular, drop-in classes.
- One-time registration fee of $20 is requested – you can ask for a JP scholarship
CALL HOURS: M-Th 9:00am-Noon and 1:30-3:00pm/ Sat 9:00am-Noon. They do not handle criminal cases, workers compensation, personal injury or auto accidents.
- Divorce, custody, guardianships and DV injunctions
- Private tenant problems and foreclosure
- Personal bankruptcies, debt collection, bank account garnishment.
- Sealing/Expunction of criminal records Immigration