When searching for jobs, many people disqualify opportunities based upon the job responsibilities required or benefit packages offered by the position. In doing so, they may be overlooking the multitude of intangible benefits that each job opening may offer. Intangible benefits are those that turn work into a healthy, fun, and rewarding experience. Here are a few examples of intangible job benefits that you should look for when hunting for a job.
Examples of intangible benefits include:
- Autonomy – An autonomous workplace is a micromanagement-free work environment that is based on trust. Workplace autonomy encourages productivity, creativity, and passion by allowing employees to manage their own workflow or giving them the option to telecommute by working remotely from home or at a coffee shop.
- Employee Recognition – Having your hard work recognized through an Employee of the Month program can mean the world to a struggling worker. Not only does it provide them with a sense of pride and possibly a pay increase, but it also validates their abilities, self-worth, and value to the company.
- Healthy Work Culture – Employees are an investment. A calm, wellness-focused work environment reassures employees that their physical and mental health is important to their employers. Look for companies that offer wellness classes or an in-house gym.
- Advancement Opportunities – Employees want to work for a company they can grow with. After all, a job with no opportunity for advancement is not a career. Look for jobs that offer upward mobility through promotions, bonuses, and incentives, and promote long-term goals, a growth mindset, and the ability to master new skills.
- Work-Life Balance – Schedule flexibility allows employees the opportunity to budget their time and productivity speed at work so that they don’t miss out on important events in their personal life.
These intangible benefits can mean the difference between having just another job and having a job that you love. If you are unsatisfied with your current job and are searching for more fulfilling and rewarding work, Jobs Partnership can help.
Get the Benefits You Deserve
Our goal at Jobs Partnership is to help people discover the career they were made for through our free and innovative 12-week LifeWorks training program. Our coaches and volunteers will get you on a path toward personal and professional success by enhancing your resume, improving your interview skills, and connecting you to the right people, resources, and employers. Call us at 407-641-0755 or apply here to get started.